Sunday, September 04, 2005

An extra day...

Thought I was scheduled to start a rotation in cardiology on Monday (Labor Day) and was kind of bummed out about having to work on a holiday. Then I thought I would double-check my paperwork and was more than pleasantly surprised to find out that we are to report on Tuesday...

The elation of having a day off that you thought you were working is hard to describe. It would be like having recess again in the middle of your work day ("Okay everyone, you can stop writing notes on patients because it's time for recess! First two to the blacktop get to be captains for 4 square"). Those were the days, when the best part of the day was playing kickball, running to the jungle gym or going so high on the swings the poles holding the swings down would shake. It's been a long while since I've swung on a swing...maybe I'll get to it tomorrow, with the day off I wasn't expecting...

1 comment:

M. Imran Abd Ash-Shakur Rana said...

"Those were the days, when the best part of the day was playing kickball, running to the jungle gym or going so high on the swings the poles holding the swings down would shake"

You forgot to add, "...or getting picked on by all the big kids."