Monday, October 24, 2005

Grinder Ball, winning it big!

You can put it on the board thanks to Podsednik.  (Getty Images)
(c) 2005, Getty Images
"I don't think anyone in the ballpark
was thinking about me hitting the ball
out of the ballpark"
- Scott Podsednik
Even now I can hear the Sox's self-adopted theme song, "Don't Stop Believin'" playing in my head as I think about the remarkable win in Game 2 of the World Series. After Konerko's grand slam, it looked like the Sox had the game in the bag, but Houston mounted a heart-breaking comeback on Vizcaino's hit, to even the score on last night's darling, reliever Bobby Jenks.

I heard Ozzie say he was thinking of pulling Jenks out, but AJ Pierzynski and someone else told him not to, that they would get it back. A sign of the remarkable unity on the team and, boy, did they ever get it back, with Pods hitting a homerun, only his second this entire season...

What a great game! It is amazing to see the Sox tough it out and get the two big wins at home. While it would be nice to have them win at home, I have a feeling this series will be settled in Houston, God willing...

As one of the signs I saw in the stands at US Cellular, so aptly put it:
Houston, you have a problem
Go Sox!

1 comment:

M. Imran Abd Ash-Shakur Rana said...

Blah blah blah...yadda yadda yadda...

Did you even realize up until today that the Sox played in Chicago?

Uh huh...that's what I thought.