Thursday, October 27, 2005

The thing about coats...

As I made my way through another blustery day on campus, I came to the realization that one of the standards by which all coats should be measured is by the number of discreetly located pockets. When the weather turns cold, it seems like there is no end to the number of uses such pockets afford. I have one pocket dedicated to fresh breath (tic tacs and "Maximints" given to me by a drug rep for Maxipime), one for my cell phone, one each for my gloves and one for random pieces of paper that I seem to collect (usually notes that have phone numbers written on them with no name, so I never know what the number was for).

Of course, the key to all this is that the pockets must not be obvious, they must not be a patchwork of pockets that incidentally come together to form a coat. No, rather it must be a coat that, incidentally, has a lot of really great pockets...

Perhaps you are not convinced by my theory of great pockets. But then perhaps you live in southern California, where exotica such as coats are seen only on late-night television movies, which you fall asleep to, so that when you wake up in the morning, you can chalk off coats as just some bad dream...thought so...

1 comment:

M. Imran Abd Ash-Shakur Rana said...

Boooo!!!

Some inner thoughts are better left to..well...your inner thoughts and not random musings on your blog.

Please note this and apply to future postings. JZK.